Speedtest-drop when pass through PA-5220

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Speedtest-drop when pass through PA-5220

L3 Networker

Hi Expert , 

I would like to know today I have speedtest  and found  when test  client  that pass through speed drop for example  client A test speedtest  pass through firewall result down 500/mbit : up 900/mbit  but when client B Test Speed Direction pass throught Router  found result down 1000/mbit : up 1000/mbit     so, I doubt why when pass through PA is drop  

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @Pattarachai,

Depending on which features you have enabled on your firewall your performance may vary considerably.

Cheers !

-Kiwi,

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L7 Applicator

@kiwi

Shouldn't a PA5220 be able to handle 1 Gbit/s of traffic - even if you enable ALL available security features? (Assuming that only the speedtest runs at that moment)

L7 Applicator

That big a difference I would look for something physical, half-duplex port neg, mtu mismatch or physical port errors.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Pattarachai,

We actually see this a lot with how speedtest runs their tests. Utilize multiple speedtest applications such as the ones below and see if you see the same results. As @pulukas mentioned it'd also be a good idea to make sure that you don't have a duplex issue or something similar, that you may simply not notice under normal conditions. 

http://speedtest.xfinity.com/

http://speedtest.att.com/speedtest/

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!