SSL Decryption Auto Tag URL to No Longer Decrypt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL Decryption Auto Tag URL to No Longer Decrypt

L0 Member

Hi,

I am working to get SSL decryption built in our environment.  I have policies I want to start with.

NoDecrypt_ByDestination (add sites as needed to dst and has NoTLSDecrypt-grp)

NoDecrypt_BySource

NoDecrypt_ByCategory (financial-gov-health-legal and custom URL Object Do-Not-Decrypt)

TLS_Decryption - actual decrypt rule

What I'd like to see about doing if a user connects to a site/URL that can't be decrypted or fails for ANY reason. That it will then add destination or dst URL to a DAG (NoTLSDecrypt-grp) .  That DAG group is in the NoDecrypt_ByDestination.  I am thinking of accomplishing this by log forwarding profile with custom filter and built-in-action.

I am ware the way this would work:

1. is user would first go to site and it fail when it hits the decryption rule.

2. LogFwd built-in-action is triggered and dest tagged and in NoTLSDecrypt-grp

3. user then retries URL and it is bypassed by hitting NoDecrypt_ByDestination rule.

Has anyone configured something like this?  This way sites that fail we could periodically audit what has been tagged.

Looking for guiance specifically on the buit-in acitons and what to filter for in the threat logs or decryption logs for events were decryption failed.

Any help pictured appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam D

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!