SSL VPN for Mac

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL VPN for Mac

Not applicable

Are there any plans or a timeline for an SSL VPN client for Apple Mac?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

Support for SSL VPN on the Mac is slated for the end of this year.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

Support for SSL VPN on the Mac is slated for the end of this year.

Good thing I only have 1 Mac user that needs remote access, then!  We're using VNC as a workaround, I wonder if there is an IPSec method to connect him?

You may have found the best workaround using the VNC.  We don't support an IPSec client for remote users. 

Not applicable

just been released in PANos 3.1.4 and version 1.2 of the ssl vpn client...

still testing right now, but at least its a start....

I found out it is really there for OSX, but on my MacBook Pro (64 bit) I get an error that the NetConnect cannot install.

Is there some JAVA issue blocking it?

It's not available until the end of the year.

Hi There,

Just to clarify - MAC OS-X Support is indeed there in PANOS 3.1.4 and SSL VPN Client 1.2.0 as stated above.  The kernel currently supported is 32-bit.  64-bit support will be a future enhancement.                

Not applicable

it's out now...you need to be running 3.1.4 od PANOS and the 1.2 version of the SSL client.

works fine..

the "gui" from the icon you get on OSX that sits in the menu bar sometimes gives some funny output lik e its no connected, but it is actually, so test connectivity rather than relying on what the netconnect client says.

I'm a root user on my laptop, so I haven't had any issues installing..

just to clarify.... as i missed that bit in your earlier post...

i am NOT running 64bit kernel and extensions...

doesn't work if you install it in 32-bit and then flip to 64 afterwards either... Smiley Sad

you can change your mac to run with a 32 bit kernel pretty easily tho if you need to.... reboot and hold 3 and 2 as it boots....

Not applicable

It is indeed really strange. NetConnect installs fine without any errors. But connecting is not working... it seems!

The NetConnect clients says it is trying to connect but disconnects because it can't get a local IP address from the client VPN pool. Not true!

It does get an IP, you can check it out on the PA under the "More Users Info" from the SSLVPN.

All security rules from zone SSLVPN are hit so there is connection.

When trying to connect to local resources, it works! But performance is really, I mean REALLY slow.

So there is still a lot of work to do.

Attached a part of the panlog.txt which is obtained from the TechSupport in the NetConnect client.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!