SSL VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL VPN

L2 Linker

I just started using PAN 2050 in production and confiuring ssl vpn.  Issue is that after client computer connect to vpn, client computer loses all internet access.  What makes ssl vpn to work so that client computer doesn't lose internet access locally and still access resources remotely (office reourses behind the PAN)?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

You need to configure split tunnelling in the setting for VPN client configuration.  Instead of a default route (0.0.0.0/0) for all traffic to use VPN, specify the route you would like to use VPN for (i.e. 10.0.0.0/8).

Will this make all of vpn clients use dns on the remote site?  This is what I want to prevent

Thanks

You can define the DNS servers in the VPN configuration as well.  Whenever the VPN connection is up, the client will use the DNS servers specified in the VPN config setting.

Thanks.

Sorry I didn't have my question clear.  Our remote office has a slow T1 line and I want to prevent all vpn client users to use that line after connecting to remote office.  I prefer vpn users use their local ISP to access the Internet and just access remote resources while connecting to vpn.  So will the split tunnel you mentioned solve this?

Yes split tunnel will fix what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Dominic

Just tried it and seems to be working.  Thanks

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!