SSO fails by first time login

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSO fails by first time login

L2 Linker

Hi All,

GlobalProtect pre-logon is configured. The computers connect pre-logon just fine. However, if this is the first time a user is logging in, or someone else logged in last and they had to change back to their username, GlobalProtect prompts the user for credentials after windows login, even though everything is configured for SSO. If they cancel the GP login prompt, GP fails. If they reboot the pc without logging in to GP and log in again after a windows restart, everything works.

Using global protect client version GlobalProtect64-5.2.3
FW running on 9.1.5

Any clue ?!

Thanks

Mostafa Elmokadem
3 REPLIES 3

Community Team Member

Hi @Elmokadem ,

I'd enable debugging on the GP client for analysis to see what's going on exactly.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi everyone

I found the same issue at my side.

The administrator help users to install GP agent in a new PC. And then user first login this PC with AD account.

GP will prompt to ask user to input user name and password when the user arrived to desktop. SSO doesn't work.

If ignore it and restart PC, GP will work with SSO this time.

I tried many times. It always happens. The GP agent version: 5.2.5. Server software version: 7.1.7

If the user install the GP agent by himself. The problem still exists.

Have the same issue in my environment btw.  Gave up caring, since 2 reboots works, but it's concerning and makes me think maybe we have something misconfigured.

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!