Static Redistribution to BGP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Static Redistribution to BGP

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

I need some help/advice as I am unable to achieve the wanted results.

Scenario:

a) I have 2 PA firewalls sitting on separate DC operating independently.

b) I would like to add a static route on PA (DC1) and as long as the path monitoring for that IP is up the route should be added to the redistribution to BGP which is controlled using a prefix-list.

c) However if the path monitoring is down the server which owns that particular IP for instance 1.1.1.1 would be activated on the second DC and it should then be redistributed to the BGP as the path monitoring will be up.

Above is the concept and has been configured however I am facing the below issue:

a) Even if the path monitoring is down somehow the route is being advertised out via BGP.

Notes:

a) The route is added as a static and path monitoring configured in it.

b) Statis is then  redistributed to BGP.

c) There is a prefix list of what is advertised out.

Appreciate any is sights on this.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @kanes39 

Another user reported similar struggles in another post - https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/path-monitored-static-route-not-removed-from-bgp...

Please review my post there and check if you are using redistribution profile or not.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!