Stuck out of management

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Stuck out of management

L1 Bithead

Hello guys,

I have made a stupid mistake on a PA-820. I have changed the Permitted IP in the Interface Management Settings to a single IP (the Panorama server) and now I cannot access the device anymore.

Any ideas? I cannot access even in SSH. The Pan-OS versionis 8.0.3 and is peered with another device (that I can access).

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi @Shye80

You've got two options.

Connect to the device using a console cable and remove the permitted IP configuration on the CLI.

Connect up a client to the network and give it Panorama's IP address. Pretty risky this one though as you'd have to shut down Panorama or change it's IP which could impact your PAN deployment if you're logging and making changes etc on it.

hope this helps,

Ben

Hello Ben,

many thanks for you reply. I simply fixed connecting from the Panorama CLI to the device via SSH and changed the permitted IP with the command "delete deviceconfig system permitted-ip" and "set deviceconfig system permitted-ip".

Thank you

P

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!