Subinterfaces with same VLAN tag

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subinterfaces with same VLAN tag

L3 Networker

Hello

We are designing a setup with PA 3060. On that we plan to have 2 vsys, lets call them V1 and V2.

I have an aggregated interface, lets call it ae22.

I want to create 2 subinterfaces:

ae22.1 ----- will be assigned to V1

ae22.2 ----- will be assigned to V2

Question: Can ae22.1 and ae22.2 have the same vlan number lets say vlan 100 ?

Thanks and Regards,

R

10 REPLIES 10

Hello Laurence,

Few other questions if I may:

I have 3 additional questions I want to ask you:

1. Is it the same with a port-channels (aggregated interfaces)? Can we create subinterfaces from aeX interface with the same VLAN tag?
2. Will it work if we create subinterfaces from physical interface or aggregate interface with same VLAN tag, but move each in separate vSYS?
3. In 'shared gateway' scenario, do we need to use PHYSICAL INTERFACE as a 'external interface' on shared gateway or can it be subinterface or port-channel as well?

Thanks and appreciate if you can answer those!

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!