Systemlog? Firewall restarted for some reason?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Systemlog? Firewall restarted for some reason?

Not applicable

Does some one know how to show systemlog? My firewall just restarted daytime for no reason my clients dropped their internal network and were not avaible to surf the internet for some minutes, it affected 5.000~ users :'(

I need to know what happend.. Is there any way to see the system log?

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

I can only see the system log at the Dashboard, but i whould like a longer one more informative

Found it Monitor > Logs > System

( description contains 'infra-group: restarts exhausted, rebooting system' )

What do this mean? restarts exhausted, rebooting system

( description contains 'Management server started. Running version 4.1.4' ) Started? I have not tunrned it off?

( description contains 'Dataplane is now up' ) Same here i did not turn it off?

What is happening to my firewall, why is it behaving so weird?

If im not mistaken PA has added autorestart of failed services at the mgmt-plane.

One such case (as example) was the failing SSL-termination in 2xxx models. With the autorestart of hung services the box could continue operate (with little loss of functions (only time between the process hung and that the process had been restarted again), compared to if the SSL-termination halts and you find out about this hours later).

I think that if a specific service have been forced to restart several times the PANOS will restart the whole mgmtplane instead, but this shouldnt affect the dataplane (the whole idea of separate mgmt- and dataplanes, except for the stuff thats handled by the mgmtplane like updating userid relations and issue the ssl-termination certs (which also is different in different models where this is taken care of)).

I hope any of these can help:

'infra-group: restarts exhausted, rebooting system' and Firewall REBOOTS random
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/14634#14634

PAN-OS Software Buffer Leak, Issue ID 36829
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2847

Critical Issues to be Addressed in Future PAN-OS Releases
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1982

So this can happen either if the swap is runned out or by buffer leaks.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!