Tags text box not visible

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Tags text box not visible

L0 Member

I'm running PAN-OS 10.0.7 and for the past few days I've noticed the TAGS text box isn't rendering correctly in the web UI. This is a trend among other IT staff, and seems to be common to Chromium-based browsers. My primary browser is Edge 99.0.1150.36. I tried in FireFox 97.0 and the TAGS box renders as expected, but other content does not (I don't want to use FireFox anyway).

I can work around it by pressing TAB to get to the box and type what I need, but I can't see what's there.

I'm not sure if this is a result of a browser update or what. Has anyone else seen this, and if so how did you handle it?

textbox.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

We faced the same issue with viewing the tags like your screenshot. This issue was resolved by making browser zoom 110% for Chrome and Edge. Firefox worked fine.

Kent Foust

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L0 Member

We are having the same issues within our 10.1 feature release.  The 9.1 feature release devices do not have this problem.  The tag field is collapsed and difficult to work with.

L0 Member

We faced the same issue with viewing the tags like your screenshot. This issue was resolved by making browser zoom 110% for Chrome and Edge. Firefox worked fine.

Kent Foust

L2 Linker

This isn't a solution, it's just a workaround.  Palo Alto support, please address this issue - is it something that will be fixed in a future version?

Community Team Member

Hi @Blake_Wofford ,

Please create a support case for TAC to analyze and create a bug report. 

LIVEcommunity isn't the channel where one can file bugs for support.

@kfoust , thanks for the provided workaround !

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L0 Member

I have the same problem. Zooming to 110% does not work well for me.

I've ended up installing Chrome extension - scrollbar customizer. Used that to edit the scrollbar height to be 4x pixels (or any value* suitable to you).

* Note that this will also affect the height of main page scrollbar - often required when displaying many columns in rule list or log list.

L1 Bithead

Someone already opened a Ticket ??? This is very stressful and you can't work properly with it!

L1 Bithead

Changing browser zoom to 110% doesn't fix the issue for me. I'm planning to open a case with Palo on this issue, hopefully they can release a fix soon.

Hi Matthew,

pls share the solution when i open a case. i have the same issue with 10.1.4-h2

br

Yordan

Palo said this is a known issue and a fix should be available in the 10.1.6 release. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!