Temperature to monitor for Palo Alto devices ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Temperature to monitor for Palo Alto devices ?

L1 Bithead

Hello

I saw there is a operating temp for Palo Alto devices but what about incoming, outgoing, switch and management ports?

These all can be read by SNMP.

Is there a article that details what should be the limits? Its to adjust it for a monitoring system.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

As far as monitoring, yes it can be monitored. I monitor mine for traffic up/down get netflow etc. I guess we would need to know a bit more as to what you are looking to monitor.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@riahc3,

As @OtakarKlier mentioned you should have defined criteria of what you are looking to monitor via SNMP. The firewall can send alerts for events itself and does a good job at that, so what I monitor from an SNMP standpoint is simple critical information in the event the firewall itself stops functioning correctly and stops sending alerts. It's very much a backup to the firewall's own alerting however. 

As for device limits, each platform is going to vary slightly the same as any other networking device. You can view those limits by running 'show system environmentals' on the device in question so you have accurate Min/Max limits.  

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!