Testing IPv6 using test-ipv6.com

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Testing IPv6 using test-ipv6.com

L2 Linker

I'm unable to successfully complete test-ipv6.com (10 out of 10) without doing either 'Any' application or adding unknown-tcp as an application.

When I do just web-browsing, I get denies on 'unknown-tcp'.

Is there something different I can do without allowing wide open browsing for IPv6?   Is this a deficiency in the Applications list or the way web-browsing is detected over IPv6?

Is there a custom App-ID I can add?

Test completes 10/10:

Application: Any; Service: service-http

or

Application: web-browsing, unknown-tcp; Service: service-http

Test fails with 1/10:

Application: web-browsing; Service: application-default

Device is a 2020 running 4.1.7 standalone.

Anti-virus DB: 831-1143

Application and Threat DB: 327-1497

URL DB:  3936

17 REPLIES 17

Installed Opera.  Passes the test.

Installed Safari.  Fails consistently.

I noticed the User-Agent header was longer on the failed tests.   I enabled the Developer feature on Safari.  Changed the User-Agent to Firefox 4 on Windows.

Safari succeeds when it impersonates Firefox.

I've had a chance to try this with PA5000 and also PA500, with 4.1.7 and 4.1.8.  Using Win7x64 with IE8, I can't make it fail.  It's either something about the PA2000 or something in your environment. I'll keep looking for a 2000 to try this out with.

L2 Linker

Upgraded the 2020 to 5.0.0.

All browsers now pass the test 10/10.

• 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!