The real meaning of "Config>Revert Changes"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

The real meaning of "Config>Revert Changes"

L2 Linker

Hi team, 

While reviewing the EDU 210 book v8.0 page 21 we can read: 
Revert Changes : revert changes to previous saved configuration 

However from the help icon in the firewall dashboard, 

Reverting changes restores the settings to the values of the running configuration.

I performed some tests and came to the conclusion that the Revert Changes actually restores the settings to the values of the Running Configuration. 

Just want to ensure with you guys that I got this correctly and I am not missing something.  

Many thanks for your help ,

Karim

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello there.

You are correct in 8.0.

In 8.1 and future, I believe PANW corrects/clarifies what the feature/functionality does.

Revert to last saved configuration
Restores the default snapshot (.snapshot.xml) of the candidate configuration (the snapshot that you create or overwrite when you select Config > Save Changes at the top right of the web interface).

Revert to running config
Restores the current running configuration. This operation undoes all changes that every administrator made to the candidate configuration since the last commit. To revert only the changes of specific administrators, see Revert Changes.

I typically do not use the Revert to Last Saved Configuration.  I used the Revert to Running Config.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!