Traffic and Threats not visible in Panorama Monitor despite logs are send from FW to Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traffic and Threats not visible in Panorama Monitor despite logs are send from FW to Panorama

L1 Bithead

It's a while since our system of 3 HA Palo Alto Firewalls stopped showing logs in Panorama. 

The logs are generated and forwarded to Panorama as in next two pictures:

Panorama-receiving logsPanorama-receiving logsOne of FW sending logsOne of FW sending logsTraffic and Threats not visibleTraffic and Threats not visible

On one of webpages it was suggested we need additional license for wieving logs in Panorama? 

licenseslicenses

Summary:

Time is synchronized on Panorama and firewalls

Reseting log receiver on Panorama doesn't help (debug software restart process management-server)

We have no clue what to do next so any help would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

What version of Panorama?

How long has panorama been up?

I experienced a similar issue in 7.1.10 and was told that it was probably related to a bug.  Restarting panorama fixes it for a few months at a time at my location.

Thanks for the answer,

As for Panorama version we have (also on all FW's we have the same softw. version):

Software Version7.1.16

Unfortunally reseting the device did not solve the problem... There is still no traffic or threat info for the last 3 months... Firewalls generate logs o.k. and are viewable directly under FW, but Panorama somehow doesn't show them...

Perhaps is there a way to clear past traffic and threat logs on Panorama? Or somehowe restart collecting logs on Panorama and start over? Any idea how to do this?

Anyone else any suggestions?

Hello,

Also make sure the FW's and the Panorama are on the same versions. The Panorama can be a higher version but same base code.

Panorama version 8.0.9 can manage FW version 8.0.1-9 but not 8.1.0.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

It can 

@OtakarKlier wrote:

Hello,

Also make sure the FW's and the Panorama are on the same versions. The Panorama can be a higher version but same base code.

Panorama version 8.0.9 can manage FW version 8.0.1-9 but not 8.1.0.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Panorama version 8.0.9 can manage 8.0.x or 7.x.x. 

"The Panorama can be a higher version but same base code." --> This is not a mandate.

I tried all options and solutions on link you gave me, but still no luck - still there are no new log entries from March this year.

Regarding versions - all versions are the SAME (on Panorama and on all the Firewalls in network).

Any other ideas?...

Hello,

I would call support and get their involvement.

Good luck.

Did you solve it?

The matter couldn't be solved by us, neither by level-2 support.

Finally level-3 support stepped in and only when they loged in "core-linux" on firewall they were able to determin the problem - the problem was to many inodes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inode)

After level-3 cleanup all the logs and we set log-retention period to 5-months the situation was solved.

Hope this info helps you.

Br, Aris

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!