Traffic monitor incomplete

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traffic monitor incomplete

L3 Networker

I've got a new Global Protect portal/gateway.  When I get connected to the gateway, I can see the connection via the GP monitor.  Then if I go the to traffic monitor and search the source range 192.168.203.0/24 I only get traffic from previous testing that I've performed.  I'm not getting the currently connected device to show up for some reason.  It's connected as the remote user option in the network>gateway shows me connected and the ip of 192.168.203.2.  However its not in the monitor.  What do you all think?

GlobalProtect 

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Do you have a "receive_time" or interface/source/zone filter in you log view? If this is a new gateway/portal, did you create a new Security Policy rule allowing the traffic from the new interface/zone/IPs but didn't check the log options in the policy action?

L3 Networker

My monitor is showing traffic from this IP.  It was from previous connections to the gateway.  It is a new portal/gateway.  Yes, it has a security policy, all settings are correct as far as I'm seeing.  

L6 Presenter

It's kind of hard to guess without details. I have seen a few errata in the release notes for various versions about edge cases where traffic wasn't being logged, but I don't recall anything specific about new gateways. Maybe open a support ticket with PA where you can share the details with them and they can see if it is something obvious.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @danoman2 ,

You probably have "log at session end" configured for your security policy rules.  This is recommended.  Monitor > Logs > Traffic will only show sessions that have ended.  In order to see live sessions, go to Monitor > Session Browser.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!