Traffic Monitor Log Slowness - Upgraded to 10.1.4-h4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Traffic Monitor Log Slowness - Upgraded to 10.1.4-h4

I've just upgraded to 10.1.4-h4 from 9.x code and have noticed that the traffic logs take at least 30 seconds or longer to load. On the previous code it was only a couple of seconds. Mgmnt pane cpu is very low 5%.

Anyone have similar problems and fixes?

Thank you.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@${userLoginName},

If you just upgraded you need to give it a few days depending on your log database size to actually finish indexing and updating everything. You would expect slower results for a bit as the firewall wraps that up post upgrade. You'll also likely notice slightly slower speeds even when it's done doing its thing when it comes to log review. PAN-OS 10 and later releases don't seem quite as fast when it comes to log review just across the board, but not as drastically as you're seeing now. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@${userLoginName},

If you just upgraded you need to give it a few days depending on your log database size to actually finish indexing and updating everything. You would expect slower results for a bit as the firewall wraps that up post upgrade. You'll also likely notice slightly slower speeds even when it's done doing its thing when it comes to log review. PAN-OS 10 and later releases don't seem quite as fast when it comes to log review just across the board, but not as drastically as you're seeing now. 

L1 Bithead

We upgraded to this version from 9.1.11 to 10.1.4-h4 on the 10th March '22  and its painfully slow......we also are not happy with new interface.

Do you know if there is a fix ?

For us, it finally worked its self out after about a week or so. Yeah, I'm not to keen on the new interface either, wish there was a fix!

L3 Networker

I think there is an issue with 10.1.x and log slowness.  10.0.x was fine, all of the 10.1.x have been painfully slow.  We use a 5220.  It's upgrade weekend, so plan on going to 10.1.5, as I noticed a specific fix for log slowness in the release notes.  I am hoping it helps.

Thank you for the update.  We are using 5252.   Are you getting any users complaining of external voice calls being dropped after a few seconds?

It would be good to know if 10.1.5 resolves.

L3 Networker

Just a follow up that the upgrade to 10.1.5 has restored the normal GUI traffic logs to regular speed again.

Since the Palo upgrade to 10.1.5 last week we have identified three issues, some being service impacting:

• Slow searches and log pulls.

• Traffic being incorrectly classified and some being dropped.

• Menus not expanding.

Hello 

I have the same issue with "Slow searches and log pulls" after upgrading a Panorama VM to 10.1.6. I haven't yet upgraded the Managed PAs (keeps on 10.0.10). I'm very worried about those performance issues because the PAN-OS 10.0.X is close to EOL and the PAN-OS 10.1.x is not even minimally reliable.

We have found 10.1.x on Panorama to be noticably slower than 9.1.x. Log filtering, policy pushing, general navigation.

10.1.5 and 10.1.6 are worse.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!