traffic report -> wrong byte counts ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

traffic report -> wrong byte counts ?

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I recently created some scheduled custom report to list the top 25 byte-consumers for the last calender day.

This works well and provides a listing with source and dest zone, source and dest address and bytes.

But if I drill down, there is a massive discrepance between the amout that is displayed in the report ( e.g. 31,833,534,225 bytes )

and the detail-page for the same time-period, where only about 355 MBs are listed for the correspondinc address-pair.

This lower value corresponds to Netflow data, we are capturing.

The behaviour is the same if I run the report on demand and / or for different time periods

We are running a PAN-500 as a  Virtual Wire between netword and squid-proxy

any ideas ?

Kind Regards

Franz Leippert

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

You might want to check the raw logs (log viewer) for the same address pair and if they happen to have the large byte count.

This may be something that needs to have a case open with support.  There have been some issues with wrong byte counts in the past.

Regards,

Oliver

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!