Trouble getting through to VMWare interfaces from VM-100

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Trouble getting through to VMWare interfaces from VM-100

L3 Networker

Hi,

We have migrated a PA500 500 config to a newly installed VM-100 (ver. 8.1) running as the only VM under a standalone ESXi 6.5 host (not in vSphere).  All interfaces are assigned and I have verified the assignment of each by plugging and unplugging cables and checked the different vmnics' status.  Furthermore all the VM-100 interfaces are correctly assigned to each VMWare virtual port groups and vSwitches.

However something is prohibiting traffic, when connecting a notebook directly to vmnic ports assigned to VM-100 interfaces with basic DHCP servers involved (no VLANs etc) I'm not able to receive an IP lease or ping the VM-100 interface.  

What is the culprit?   Do you have some white paper describing how to troubleshoot this situation?  There must be something obvious I have missed....  Please comment.

regards Tor

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

For the ping part, try th efollowing:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/80/pan-os/web-interface-help/network/network-network-...

You migth also need associated security policies to allow the ping. To verify, put in a DENY all rule at the end and set it to log at session end so you can see which rule the ping is hitting.

For the DHCP issue, what is handing out the address?

Regards,

Thanks for the ping tips. 

As of DHCP it is the VM-100.  I use its standard DHCP server settings that have always worked.

Tor

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!