Unable to connect to a PA 500 using the management IP.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to connect to a PA 500 using the management IP.

L1 Bithead

Hi, I have just configured my PA 500 and I set up the management IP to be 10.2.82.3/24. I connected the PA 500 to a switch that has VLAN 80 (10.2.80.x) and VLAN 82 (10.2.82.x) my laptop is ip'ed 10.2.80.40/24, from the laptop I can ping 10.2.82.1 (default gateway for the management vlan), but I can not ping 10.2.82.3. I consoled into the PA and I am able to ping from the PA to 10.2.82.1 and 10.2.80.1, but I am not able to ping my laptop 10.2.80.40. 

I do not understand what went wrong. Can some please assist me with this?

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

Hi,

Ping simply can be disabled on the mgmt interface on PA as well as your PC software firewall could block any incoming ICMP requests. Do you have ARP entry in PA ARP table of your PC ip address? If yes, did you try to access PA mgmt interface ip address over the https from your PC? If not, then double check VLAN tagging on the switch ports.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!