Unable to Run User Activity Report After PAN OS Upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to Run User Activity Report After PAN OS Upgrade

L0 Member

We recently upgraded our appliance to 4.1.3, and now cannot retrieve any data prior to the OS upgrade when running User Activity Reports.  My logdb shows that we are near full capacity (but haven't reached the 80% threshold as of yet); however can only pull data from the last reboot of the device - post OS upgrade.  If I run a report from the Reports option (clicking on the calendar method), then I can see activity from the general population prior to the OS upgrade.

I do not have any core files, and do not have any corrupted packets from running the following commands:

debug log receiver statistics

debug software restart log-receiver

In addition, the Monitor > Traffic Log is blank from the last reboot, so makes sense as to why the User Activity Report is blank.  My understanding that upgrading the OS should not wipe out the traffic log, which is the case for our organization; however why would my currently logdb be nearly full, and thus having the ability to run a report from the Reports option passed the time when the OS was upgraded?

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1

Retired Member
Not applicable

What OS did you upgrade from? Was it already running 4.1.x or was it 4.0 or earlier?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!