Unable to see groups in group mapping setting in Palo alto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to see groups in group mapping setting in Palo alto

L1 Bithead

Group with three to 4 user was added in ad with group name (vpn group for laptop) and this group was under OU group id, but in group id i was able to see groups till alphabet N ,so tested creating Group with group name (ATEST users) i was able to see this group ,but 

(vpn group for laptop) this group was not visible

Tried all below commands:-

>show user group list
>show user group mapping statistics
>debug user id refresh group mapping all.

But still was not able to see (vpn group for laptop) this group.

At the end moved this group to another OU where limited groups were there and here i was able to find this group in list.

So my doubt is is this issue was beacuse of limitation of OU  where First i was adding group ?

is there any limit like this much users will be displayed under OU?

I have also attached snapshot.live community_ss_ad.PNG  

kashif shaikh
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @KashifSh 

This issue might be related to this KB: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClvACAS

When you type the AD group name directly in the search field does it come up? Below is a sample:

PavelK_0-1637238465094.png

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @KashifSh 

This issue might be related to this KB: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClvACAS

When you type the AD group name directly in the search field does it come up? Below is a sample:

PavelK_0-1637238465094.png

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

thanks @PavelK 

kashif shaikh
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!