Unknown Virus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unknown Virus

L4 Transporter

Hi all,  I came across this "virus" alerts on PAN-OS 4.01. What does that mean ? There is no info available for these ID's....

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

This has been fixed in 4.0.2.  I just updated and all my threats now have correct IDs and information.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L0 Member

I am also seeing this a lot more often since the 4.0.1 upgrade.  I think the way PA determines if its a virus or not has changed since 3.x.  Not so much based on defenitions, based more on an internet database of file extensions and other virus like characteristcs.

Hope someone knows whats causing them.

L4 Transporter

It looks like a bug. Every virus sig should have a name associated with it and not just a threat ID number. Can you open a case with support?

Thanks,

Alfred

opened support case.

L0 Member

Any update on this?

case is open. Need to deliver additional logs, but currently I have no access to the FW. If anyobdy else is having the same problem,pls open a case too.  rgds Roland

L4 Transporter

Support has confirmed this bug in 4.0.1, it will be fixed in 4.0.2

L2 Linker

Hello,

i noticed panos 4.0.2 has been released, but i can't find in the release notes this issue has been fixed ?

Anyone can confirm this ?

Thanks !

This has been fixed in 4.0.2.  I just updated and all my threats now have correct IDs and information.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!