Upgrade 6.1.x to 7.0.x

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 6.1.x to 7.0.x

L4 Transporter

In the release notes of 7.0.5-h2 there is now this information:

Before you upgrade to PAN-OS 7.0.3 or a later PAN-OS 7.0 release, you should review the information about how to upgrade
a firewall to PAN-OS 7.0. Additionally, if virtual system (vsys) configuration is not enabled on your firewall or appliance, you
must reboot your firewall or appliance after you install PAN-OS 7.0.1 and before you upgrade to PAN-OS 7.0.3 or a later
release.

Does anybody have practical experience with upgrading to 7.0.x? Do you really have to install the base release 7.0.1 (with its bugs and vulnerabilities), reboot into it, then install latest bug fix release (e.g. 7.0.5-h2) and reboot again? With previous major versions you could just download the base release and latest bug fix release, then directly install latest bug fix release and reboot just one time.

10 REPLIES 10

Hey Luciano,

Thanks, I am aware that 7.0.1 is the base release, I see that that may not have been clear in my posts.

On most of my upgrades from 6.1.x to 7.0.5-h2 I went via 7.0.1 just to be safe.
It can't hurt anything to be a little cautious, and it's a hell of a lot quicker than going from 6.1.x to 7.0.5-h2 and then realising that you need to revert and do the upgrade procedure again!

Regards,

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!