Upgrade to 6.1.1 and problem with Vulnerability Protection profile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrade to 6.1.1 and problem with Vulnerability Protection profile

L3 Networker

Hi guys,

I had a problem with Vulnerability Protection profile.

I created Custom Vulnerability signature with exception for only one (1) IP address. But after upgrading to 6.1.1 version (from 6.0.5) this exception stopped working... I had to copletelywrite a new rule to exempt this IP from scanning...

The signature was based on 40015 (SSH Brute-force).

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Alex

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Was the configuration still present but not working or was the customization of the signature lost in the upgrade?

Either way, you should probably create a support case with this information so a bug can be logged and the upgrade issue corrected in future releases.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Thank you roe answer

Yes, the configuration was not changed after upgrade, but THAT signature started blocking valuable server, so I decided to change the rule.

Probably,  "exception" feature has changed the logic in new version?

We have many exceptions setup in our signatures and it is NOT normal for the behavior to change in an upgrade.  Based on your description, this is most likely a software bug that should be reported with a ticket to Palo Alto support.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!