Upgrading 7.1.5 HA Pair

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrading 7.1.5 HA Pair

L2 Linker

My HA 3050 pair is currently running 7.1.5 and I am planning an upgrade spree.

The upgrade process that I read seems straight-forward. My main concerns are with IPSEC tunnels and GP clients.

My options right now are upgrading to 7.1.9 or just going to 8.1. Has anyone run into any issues with tunnels and/or clients no longer being able to connect after performing such an upgrade? Should the far end tunnels be upgraded first? or does it really matter?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

there is no 8.1, the current version is 8.0.1 and I don't believe you'll have much luck finding anyone encouraging you to update to it just yet, although it does appear to be fairly stable.

I'd recommend going to 7.1.9 and you shouldn't have an issue if the other end is on a PA with 7.1.x, as one side is always going to be a lesser version until they're all upgraded.

--
CCNA Security, PCNSE7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!