Upgrading SSL VPN client - is it automatic?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrading SSL VPN client - is it automatic?

L4 Transporter

Hi.

I've noticed that the SSL VPN client 1.3.0 has been released.

Currently, I have 1.2.0 active on my PA's.

If I activate the 1.3.0 release, what impact will this have on the clients? Will the upgrade be seamless and automatic, or will it require interevention (especially in the case of 64 bit Windows clients).

Anyone done this and can shed some light?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

The upgrade should be automatic, I think I remember reading that you may need to clear the java cache if the update fails.

This is the known issu about netconnect in the release notes

[21601] NetConnect may not upgrade properly from 1.1.x to 1.2 without clearing the Java cache.

Regards

Marc

Marct wrote:

The upgrade should be automatic, I think I remember reading that you may need to clear the java cache if the update fails.

This is the known issu about netconnect in the release notes

[21601] NetConnect may not upgrade properly from 1.1.x to 1.2 without clearing the Java cache.

Regards

Marc

Well, I'm planning to go from 1.2 to 1.3, so I guess I'll just have to suck it and see.

Thanks.

Hello dagibbs,

Did you already perform your intervention (update sslvpn client software for 1.2.0 to 1.3.0)?

If yes, did you faced to any issue?

Thanks a lot for your help.

KR,

Benjamin

exertum wrote:

Hello dagibbs,

Did you already perform your intervention (update sslvpn client software for 1.2.0 to 1.3.0)?

If yes, did you faced to any issue?

Thanks a lot for your help.

KR,

Benjamin

Benjamin.

No, I haven't actually been allowed to do this yet - my change management department is giving me fits, and to be honest I've had more important things to deal with, so this has been put on the back-burner.

If I do it successfully, I'll post an addendum to this message chain.

Cheers

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!