URL Category Any

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Category Any

Not applicable

Is there any body has got URL Category Any?

I check the URL List document and there is no Any category.

Also, I had find a category called "uncategory".

Will Allow/Block List IP addresses will be categoried in "uncategory"?

What's the difference between Any, unknown and uncategory?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

It is working fine now. I had nothing to change, it just took a few hours to have the categories in the traffic logs and URL Filtering logs

The security  rule is configured to log at end and I have no dynamic categorization enabled.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L5 Sessionator

Hi Bobby,

Can you describe the steps you took to generate the log?  Also, what device are you using, what version, and what version is your content file?

Thanks,

Doris

Hi.

The device information as below:

Model: PA-4020 

Serial #:  0002C101121 

Software version:  3.1.2 

SSL-VPN Client:  0.0.0 

Application version  242-950 

Threat version  242-950 

Antivirus version:  464-601 

URL Filtering  version: 3585 

Our partner tried to generate Custom Report and Database is Traffic Log.

Also, there is "unknown" category in URL category list.

Does "unknown" mean "uncategory"?

Regards, Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Since you are generating the report from the traffic log, you will see category "any" for traffic that did not go through the URL filtering engine.  If you run the same report against the URL filtering log, you should not see category "any".

Category "unknown" refers to a URL that is currently uncategorized by the URL filtering database.  This can happen when a new URL has been created and the crawler has not had time to categorize it yet.  When a dynamic lookup returns an "unknown" category, it is added to the list of URLs for the crawler to analyze and categorize.  What this means is that while the initial lookup returned category "unknown", subsequent dynamic lookups should return a category.

If you'd like to suggest a category for unknown URLs (or request a categorization change for known URLs), you can do so here:

http://www.brightcloud.com/support/lookup.php

I'm unsure of where you're seeing category "uncategory".  Do you have a screenshot?

Hope this helps,

Doris

Hi there,

I have configured a PA-2020 in tap mode with all licences installed.

I have downloaded and installed latest content, antivirus and url-filtering definitions.

I have created 4 security profiles to rise alert :

- Antivirus

- Antispyware

- Vulnerabilities

- URL-Filtering

All is working fine except for the URL categories. Indeed, I only show "Any" in the url-category fileds.

My url profile is configured with action "Alert" for every categories.

What do I see "Any" instead of the category name in the traffic logs ? (I see nothing in URL Filtering logs)

Regards,

Laurent

Hi,

Could you confirm that you have the Log at end in your security rule options ?

Are you using in your profile the dynamic filtering (to request the cloud if the url is not on the device) ?

regards

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

It is working fine now. I had nothing to change, it just took a few hours to have the categories in the traffic logs and URL Filtering logs

The security  rule is configured to log at end and I have no dynamic categorization enabled.

Regards

As you can see on pics the category "any" it's displayed on URL Filtering.

Cattura.JPG

The support says:
"Since you are generating the report from the traffic log, you will see category "any" for traffic that did not go through the URL filtering engine"

In my case the action for the category "any" is everytime blocked-url
I have enable Safe search Enforcement
After take a deep look in the logs, I guess, when a client without the "Safe search" enabled on the webpage try to search something in the Internet, all hit are logged as blocked-url without go through the URL filtering engine.

Hello 

I have the same behaviour when we search anything in google ,I didn´t see "search-engines" I saw "any" What was your resolve ? 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!