URL Filtering Activation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Filtering Activation

Not applicable

Hi,

URL Filtering Activation.

I have activated the URL Filtering Lic, but still when I click on Objects > URL Filtering
it shows me " License required for URL Filtering to function "

Also when I go into devices, and Licensing, i see the following.

Date IssuedNovember 04, 2010
Date ExpiresNovember 04, 2011
DescriptionBrightCloud URL Filtering
Active
No
Download StatusNov 04 12:32:35 Error downloading latest URL database 

Do I have to do anything else to make it activated.

Rgds,

Tauseef

9 REPLIES 9

L1 Bithead

Hi Support,

exactly the same issue.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Hi,

After installing the license the initial database needs to be loaded.

This can start automatically but you can initiate the download from the CLI by executing the command:

request url-filtering upgrade brightcloud

You can see the progress on the download on the license page. If you refresh the page it will show the download percentage.

After the initial download has finished you need to activate the URL process by going to the license page. On that page it will show activate next to the URL license. Press this and the unit will need a reboot to get the license going. This is only a one-time process.

Marcel

Hello,

What happens if URL Filtering licence has expired and you have to activate again the licence on the box after renew it ?

Will the appliance reboot again?

Regards,

An expired URL license will require a re-boot of the device.  If a  new URL license is activated prior to the expiration of the previous license, no re-boot is required.

L0 Member

In an HA arrangement, is it necessary to reboot the two units within a relatively short period of time from one another when activating the URL licensing, or can one be rebooted, and say, several hours go by before the second unit is rebooted?

Thanks you for your answer!

Regards

You wouldn't have to boot both boxes at the same time.  In the event of a failover though, you would have expired licensing on the passive/  secondary unit.

Ruh Roh.... After activating URL license, general users cannot access HTTPS sites.  Admins can, though(different rule).  I do  ot have any URL rules yet except for one that ALERTS on *.* and *.*.*  .

That rule was in place before the URL activation to let me see what site folks were going to.

URL filtering  activation should have no affect on SSL traffic.

We would need to take  a look at your policies

If this persists please open a support case.

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!