URL Filtering Whitelist

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Filtering Whitelist

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We have a case that 1 user would like to access URL (example a.com) that is currently blocked in existing URL filtering profile.

We know we can allow this by

1. clone existing URL profile and add a.com into allow list or add it through custom URL.

2. create firewall policy above existing rules to internet to allow this specific user id / IP address and attach the new URL profile

Let's say in the future there is a request to whitelist different  user to a different URL, does it mean I have to create multiple URL profile or is there a better way to do this?

can anyone share their experience..

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @L1_ENG ,

You listed the 2 options I would use.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L4 Transporter

Yes multiple URL's Lists and Multiple Rules are required if you need to be 100% granular in your white listing.

Also be aware that any one site may pull assets from other sites that are not white listed. and therefore content may not show correctly.

Hello,

What I did was one of the options you mentioned. I have a custom URL category and list the URL. Then create a security policy and make sure that I dont just add the user, i add an AD group. That way in the future I just have to add users to the AD group. 

But yes it will be a new Custon URL category and security policy for each different request. I find that if users have to get C-Level approval, they usually dont ask ;).

Regards,

Hi @OtakarKlier 

Thank your for your feedback,

am I correct to assume you are allowing using service and URL category on security policy without URL filtering security profile

and you also have a generic internet rule below that rule that is using URL filtering security profile?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!