URL Rewrite - any update in new PanOS 4.1?

Announcements

ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

I will echo Mr Graves post, I also need this as the redirect to a block page may work but is not a solution for the age range we have.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

I'm looking for this feature too. I was really hopeful for this in v.5, but it doesn't look like it's there, unless I missed something.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

I also need this feature; Either a URL rewrite or a way to redirect google, bing and youtube searches to the "safe" versions of these systems through applications or other methods.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

I am also in need of URL rewrite to address the YoutubeEDU issue.  Come on guys, at least provide an update to why you are not providing this feature.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Also in need of rewrite and encouraged other school districts in my vicinity to Request feature through SE. That was about a year ago...

Highlighted
L0 Member

I am also in need of this for our School District.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

I've been asking for this since we purchased our PA-2020.  Is this actually on a road map?  Are there any ballpark ETAs?

This is a large issue for us since Google decided to default to safe search being off, and without naming them, other companies are much quicker to add support for forcing safesearch and youtube for schools (with many already having the feature in the first place!).

Highlighted
L6 Presenter

Have you tried contacting the appid team and what was their response?

http://researchcenter.paloaltonetworks.com/tools/

Even if PA doesnt support rewriting then it should still be possible to use appid to handle these safesearches. Specially with PANOS 5.0 who have done some work regarding appid dependencies (that is lets say you have a "google-safesearch" - instead of only looking at the url this appid could first allow a regular visit to google pages but then that the search result must be with safesearch in order to let through - the problem here might be on how to notify the users that they should enable safesearch before they can use the searchengine (since you can only have one blockpage today)).

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

There is a custom app, but having discussed this with SLT, it's not an option to block default searches until the user manually enables safe search (we have also enquired regarding different block pages!).

Highlighted
Not applicable

Still waiting for URL re-write feature, too.  And I have placed the request with our rep.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!