User Activity Report

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User Activity Report

Not applicable

I was wondering if there was a way to either use the Custom reports to look exactly like the User Activity Report, and how would I script that or can I fit multiple users into the User Activity Report? This is what I want the end result to be, have reports automatically generated every month for certain users, that will automatically be emailed to managers. The layout of the User Activity Report is exactly what I need. I would like it to run for a particular user, for the past 7 days. Is this possible? Or do i just have to manually run it every time I need a User Activity Report?

Also is there a command/script to where I could say run all User Activity Reports? and email to a certain address?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

At this time only the logs can be exported out in CSV format. Scheduled export of logs can also be done.

Select the log type from the drop down list.

scheduled-export.PNG

The reporting is done in PDF formats only.

Regards

Parth

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

You can create multiple user activity reports and generate the reports for the last several days, weeks or months according to your requirement.

User activity report is created one per user. So if you want to create reports for 5 users, you need 5 entries under Monitor > PDF Reports > User Activity Report.

Now for each user activity report, you need to create email scheduling profile.

Report group:- Name of the user activit report

Email Profile:- The Email Server profile that includes the mail server gateway. Set up under Device > Server profiles > Email

Recurrence:- When to generate and email to the addresses specified in Email profile.

email-scheduler.PNG

At this time it appears that  multiple user activity reports cannot be combined within  a single custom report to be generated at a single time.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

L4 Transporter

How to create an Email Server Profile:-

Go to Device > Server Profile > Email, Click Add and fill the required fields (as per the example below)

• Name, Enter a name for the email settings
  • Server, Enter a name to identify the server (1-31 characters)
  • Display name: Email Server
  • To: Enter the email address of the recipient.
  • Cc: Optionally, enter the email address of another recipient.
  • Gateway: Enter the IP address or host name of the Simple Mail Transport Protocol

email-server-profile.png

Regards

Ok cool. Thank you. I was also wondering was there a way to get a custom report to automatically dump to a specific location as a CSV format?

At this time only the logs can be exported out in CSV format. Scheduled export of logs can also be done.

Select the log type from the drop down list.

scheduled-export.PNG

The reporting is done in PDF formats only.

Regards

Parth

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!