User authentication via MS PPTP VPN connection?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User authentication via MS PPTP VPN connection?

Not applicable

Is it possible for the PAN Agent to collect the ip mapping <-> username via the username of the VPN connection?

Example:  I have a non-domain computer that I use to connect to our PPTP server (Microsoft) inside our network... Is it possible for the PAN agent to pickup this person's username?  Right now mine doesn't detect the username, just shows the devices IP address with no source user.  Is there a way to make this a reality?

One main reason I would like this, is to setup a VPN connection for all of our iPads (VPN I can push out via our MDM server)... all corporate ipads would be forced onto the VPN while connected to our wireless, therefore authenticating as the appropriate user specified in the VPN connection.

We want our iPad infrastructure to be seemless and not have any sort of login page... in a school district with 30 ipads in a classroom - having the teacher log into each one can be a massive undertaking.  We are currently utilizing the captive portal for a guest login method to keep unknown users off our network, and the iPads fall into this category right now. 

Thoughts?

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!