User ID mapping update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User ID mapping update

Not applicable

Hi,

How regularly should the user-id mapping take place in the pan agent.

If I log into the > Program Files> Palo Alto Networks > Panagent folder, and review the user_ip_map

text file, it shows the last dated of June, 2013.

But this is the month of Sep, 2013.

Why does this not show the latest, what do I do to update this so it reflects the latest user_ip_map

I do have a lot of "unknown" and I guess this is one of the reason for this.

How do I resolve this.

Kindly advise,

Regards,

Tau

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Hello Tau,

Please go through the below mentioned documents, it may help you.

User Identification Tech Note PAN-OS 4.1

Thanks

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Can you restart the service for the user id agent and see if that helps. Normally the user identification time out is 45 minutes and probing as 20 minutes.

Thanks,

Syed R Hasnain

L4 Transporter

Hello Tau

Are you running another instance of UserID Agent in the same device? I ask, as PAN Agent is what we called our older version of the UserID agent and I wonder if perhaps it has old info whereas your new info. is in another partition / directory.

If so, could you please check to see if there is just this one PAN Agent on this server or if you might also be running a newer version called the UserID agent?

Thanks

Saba

L5 Sessionator

Please verify by going on the server to following location, usually where the panagent/userid agent is installed.

C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks

Verify if you have two folder or just one

Capture.PNG.png

verify which logs did you look at. Make sure you are looking at the logs for which the agent is running,

Also if above is not the case then go to service on the server and verify that the service is running for the userid agent

Capture.PNG.png

Also make sure that it is set to automatic and not disabled or manual, other wise you will have to start the service manually when ever the server reboots or restarted.

If that setting is correct as well. Then go to the agent it self and verify that it has not be stopped and it is running.

Capture.PNG.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Numan

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!