User-ID records timing out?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User-ID records timing out?

L4 Transporter

I have an environment which has multiple USER-ID agents installed/configure and the agentless option via WMI.

There seems to be an issue with user-id records timing out. After x amount of time, users start matching on a catch all policy at the end because there is no longer a username tied to their IP address. If they log off and back on, it starts working fine again until it times out after x number of minutes.

Is there something simple to resolving this that I am overlooking?

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Could it be that the WMI probe doesn't work? If the WMI probe doesn't get a response it deletes the user mapping.

What is the output from debug user-id dump probing-stats?

I am guessing that is it.

num of initial probe made           : 115617
num of initial probe succeeded      : 3
num of initial probe failed         : 115514
num of periodic probe made          : 14
num of periodic probe succeeded     : 1
num of periodic probe failed       

: 13

Now I just need to find out why they are failing. Smiley Happy

The PCs that are being probed are likely not set for WMI responses.

As for why it works when the user logs in again, that is how IP to user mappings are made so that makes sense.

In addition to WMI probing, (considering these appear to be failing) you can be monitoring other servers in the Windows domain (e.g. file maps. printers, exchange mail servers) so that you can maintain the mapping and the user does not have to log in to refresh the mappings

To be able to maintain mappings as the user maps drives etc. enable "server session read" on the UserID agent and the UserID agentless on the firewall so even if WMI probes you may have success in maintaining the user to ip mappings without relying solely on when the users log in.

HTH

If you still want to use WMI probing you should verify the user you use for the query. Here is a DOC how you can troubleshoot WMI problems:

How to Troubleshoot WMI

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!