user-identification for VLAN Traffic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

user-identification for VLAN Traffic

L4 Transporter

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering if any one could help me out on this as I am slightly lost creating and troubleshooting for the following issue:

It has been noticed that not all traffic had a user-id and it seems that any traffic originating from a VLAN goes down as “unknown” user. 

So my question is, how can we make the PAN aware of the VLANS so that we can see if the change makes the users visible rather than remaining as unknown.

Hope this information helps.  Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Many Thanks...

Kal

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

To add to this, traffic originating from 172.22.10.0/24 network on a vlan has no access to the internet as well.  Looking at the traffic logs, it shows application as "incomplete".  As far as I understand, incomplete traffic is when the 3-way handshake is not completed. 

What has to be done to enable the completion of the 3-hand shake?

Thank you

Kal

For Issue#1;

Please check "user identification" is enabled on the zones which are associated to those VLANs.

For Issue#2;

You need to check Routing and NAT rules to make sure whether it is done properly.

If config on either issues looks fine, you can contact support.

Hi Snisar,

Thanks for the information.  User-Identification has been checked for all the required zones.  I think there is something wrong the way I have configured the NAT and Security rule.  Will look into it shortly.

I will be looking into changing the route and NAT policy that is in place.  What is confusing me is would this require configuring a Layer 2 network again for any specific physical interface?  I was thinking on this because, I have gone through a document which helps configuring a Layer 2 to Layer 3 on the PAN Device.

Any thoughts?

Kind Regards,

Kal

All sorted out.  It had no issues with NAT or Routing rules ( was very confusing looking into specially when you 68 NAT rules).  What all I did was adding the 172.X.X.X network in the Allow List of the User-ID agent and creating a new sub-interface.

Thanks for your concern.

Regards,

Kal

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!