UseridID-Agent best practices - where to install ?

Highlighted
L0 Member

Re: UseridID-Agent best practices - where to install ?

It's been over a year since this post. has an Updated AD Agent design/best practices doc been completed for v3.1?  I could use it in discussions with my AD group (we have 114 DC's to integrate with in a single Domain)

Highlighted
Not applicable

+1 for jechaff's question: where is the updated UID agent best practice / design document? Our WAN links are suffering hard from the traffic to/from our PAN UID agent servers in our data centers and the remote domain controllers. It seems obvious after reading through these posts that the recommendation is to have a PAN UID agent server at each local site but I'd like to see some official documentation on the subject before we begin to deploy new vm servers everywhere.

Highlighted
Not applicable

As mentioned in my earlier post, you can try to tweak the timer values to lessen the impact on your WAN links.  What we saw was a huge burst of activity when a DC is first integrated with the UIA.  Once the initial burst is complete (depending on how large your DC logs are), then the queries pared down to a steady background chatter.  We found the two minute interval to be acceptable but YMMV.

Tariq

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!