using Azure MFA with Global Protect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

using Azure MFA with Global Protect

L1 Bithead

Hello,

To configure Global Protect to use our already Existing MS MFA server, I followed this KB: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClkkCAC 

I think I had to do one or two extra things as well, but in any case it's working.  However, it only prompts for the second factor if after I disconnect the Global Protect client, I go to Settings and click Sign Out.  If I don't sign out, when I reconnect, I am not prompted for the second factor.  Is this on some kind of timer or something?  I tried putting the machine to sleep, logging out, and rebooting it but none of those things caused it to prompt. Is there a way to get it to require the second factor every time I reconnect?

20 REPLIES 20

Hi,

I am trying to get this conditional policy setup to work with the Palo Alto GlobalProtect enterprise app. For some reason O365 is not letting me create it - it hangs. Would you mind sharing your settings with us?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your share, but after testing this i have a question :

- When the user disconnect globalprotect and reconnect it's ok. Connection with MFA is re ask..

- When the shutdown the pc without disconnect globalprotect, after the reboot it can connection globalprotect automatically.. (No password ot MFA is asking..)

Do you have the same thing ? Have find a solution ?

Thanks,

Seul un idiot mesure la profondeur de l'eau avec ses deux pieds.

L1 Bithead

Yes, I have the same thing. The best that I have found is setting 60 minutes to re-require an authentication. After 60 minutes of their initial authorization, it will require a password and MFA again. 

To do that tou have configure a conditional access rule in Azure ? 

I've done a condictionnal rule and it's works !! 

Too bad I would have preferred a disconnection to closing the post and sending a logout request.

Yes conditional access is what I did. If you find a way to require password and MFA upon disconnect, please let me know. I haven't been able to find anyway to do that yet.

May be it's a new feature, ask GP to send a logout (like the user click on disconnect ) when the Computer reboot or shutdown and the tunnel is already up...

Perhaps a case to palo in order to do a developpment 😉

• 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!