Version 6.1.8, any issues?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Version 6.1.8, any issues?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello All,

Its that time for me to upgrade and 6.1.8 has been out for over a month now. Has anyone installed it and expereinced any issues? I'm currently running 6.1.5, but there are some cve's and other items that are corrected and I dont want to fall too far behind. I'm too chicken to go to 7.0.x at the moment so I's sticking with the 6.1.x train for now.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We've been running that version for a couple of weeks and we haven't experienced any problem so far.

Regards,

Benjamin

6.1.8 is a recommended release, and should be fine. 

7.0.4 has not been in the market long enough to become recommended, but many are running 7.0 today.

6.1.8 has been stable for us with no perceived issues.  We have been running it since release date. We rolled back to this version from 7.0.3 after dataplane and decryption issues.

We also have a few firewalls running 7.0.4 without issue, but these are mostly PA-200's with not that much traffic going through them.  However, that being said they seem to be running with no issues (comparied to 7.0.1 to 7.0.3).  We will be testing firewalls with heavier loads the first part of 2016 along with HA configurations.

I will keep everyone updated as we move forward.

-Matt

Hello All,

Than you for the responses so far! I'll start my planning of the upgrades and see what happens :).

Cheers and happy new year!

L3 Networker

The safest choice is 6.1.8

But the 7.0.4 version is the first version in the 7.0.x serie that is "production ready"

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!