Virtual Systems in Layer 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Virtual Systems in Layer 2

Not applicable

Existing network as shown above in Fig:1 (Attched)..

·         Each device has its redundancy as shown above (Active/Passive) except for the IPS.

·         Each service has two servers to ensure the redundancy.

·         Routing is done by the Load balancer.

·         IPS will check all the traffic which is passing across.

·         L2 Switch will broadcast the traffic.

·         Load Balancer will direct the traffic using their IP subnets.

·         Virtual Systems is the major requirement.

Questions:

1. Where can I position the firewall?
2. Each Service has to get their own virtual system. What will be the deployment method? Virtual system administrator is only allowed to see its own traffic. They currently have 3 services but it will expand up to 20 services. Physical ports cannot assign to each service. L2 deployment is what they ask for.
3. Active/passive has to be there in order to ensure the redundancy. How will be the session synchronization, when one virtual system fails what will happen?
4. If I need to deploy the firewall with all features mentioned above will it be possible to deploy in L2 mode?

Please someone help me on this matter.. ..

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Any comments ?

Hello

I would recommend that you contact your local SE or distributor and have them go over were you should add the PAN devices.

Thanks

Al

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!