Virus/win32.wgeneric.ajgdai id 341892366

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Virus/win32.wgeneric.ajgdai id 341892366

L2 Linker

Hi Team,

I have issue. One user connect to SSL VPN, and cannot ping one IP  192.168.1.11. Only one IP. after i checking at firewall, I found this users got blocking activity Threat Name virus/win32.wgeneric.ajgdai   id 341892366. But when this users using mobile hotspot. him can ping this IP address 192.168.1.11.

Palo Alto PA-220

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I would say investigate that node to see what is causing the alert in the AV logs. Sounds like it may be compromised?

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Where is the IP he is trying to ping, on his network or on yours behind the VPN?

Please advise,

HIi @OtakarKlier 

Thanks for reply.

He at home try to ping IP at the their office(Window server 2016) . At the office have Palo Alto firewall. I checked at firewall log, and found have threat from IP address this users.

I not sure, this threat have connection from his problem or not.

Because him problem is, cannot ping (window server 2016) when use VPN from him modem wifi, but if he using mobile hotspot and use same VPN account , he can ping all server at the office (window server 2016).

So what a question is, I found threat from log firewall from account VPN same (Personal cannot ping window server 2016), Is there a problem with the threat from log firewall ?

Thanks

#log threat
-Virus/Win32.WGeneric.ajgdai  341892366
-application ms-ds-smbv3
- port 445

Hello,

Is ping allowed? Is the users IP on the block list for a threat, if that is setup?

Regards,

Hello,

Yes it allowed to ping or access or remote. Other staff can.. just him cannot ping..

Is the users IP on the block list for a threat, if that is setup?  NO.

Just him cannot ping when using wifi at home.

My question is, this problem related for threat log from firewall.? below screen shot log firewall.

abdulhakam_1-1588320444912.png

Hello,

I would say investigate that node to see what is causing the alert in the AV logs. Sounds like it may be compromised?

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!