Vwire NAT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Vwire NAT

Not applicable

I am trying to setup NAT with vwire.  According to Palo Alto this is possible with PAN OS 4.1 and I am on PAN OS 4.1.6.  I have setup NAT with L3 on the PAN devices so I have an idea on how to do this setup.  When I setup NAT policy on the PAN device with vwire I see the traffic in the monitoring tab getting NATT'ed but I still cannot browse the web.  When I disable the NAT policy then I can access the web.

Any thoughts.

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Im just guessing here but can vwire do a full NAT?

Like hiding multiple clients behind a single outgoing ip as when you use L3 interface?

Also is it possible for you to paste your NAT configuration?

Not applicable

Vwire in PAN OS 4.1 can do NAT.  In order to get it to work need to have the PAN device setup between two layer 3 devices so that all those ARP broadcast get blocked so as not to confuse the devices on what MAC belongs to what IP since the PAN device in transparent mode will pass the traffic if the rules are "permit any" in both directions.

L5 Sessionator

Can you verify both the upstream and downstream routers have a route configured for the nat-ed ip address?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!