web browsing problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

web browsing problem

L3 Networker

hi,

i installed pan5020 my customer..customer have 8 branch offices with metro ethernet..but some web page cannot open from branchoffices like www.yahoo.com, www.microsoft.com,etc.(i examine rule and logs everythigs looks normal, its interesting)

when i switch to old firewall(cisco asa) everything running normal.i tried increase session time-out, clearing url cache, and permit full access and downgrading 4.0.10,4.0.9 but not resolved

current os: 4.0.11

dou have any idea?

regards

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

Could you please provide more details on the deployment? For example

- Are there multiple routes to the internet?

- Are there proxy servers invovled?

- Is the 5020 part of an HA cluster? If so is the cluster active/active or active/passive?

No

topology is very simple like attachment (tp.jpg) and old firewall (asa) running with same config

Also check dns connectivity.

Try using manual methods to verify if browsing works or not such as:

telnet www.sunet.se 80

then in the window type:

HEAD / HTTP/1.0

followed by two taps on the enter button, you should get something like this in return:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=B8B27BB2AC0C414D025865ED78B9D5D6; Path=/
Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 19:17:07 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Connection: close

Connection to host lost.

hi

i tired but client connect www.cunset.se  with telnet 80 port but curser only blink..i cannot show any header information,windows type

i tried with ip address but i cannot success

Did you try:

telnet 192.36.171.156 80

You wont get any headers in return, you must (in blind) type the "HEAD / HTTP/1.0" and hit enter twice to see the response headers.

If this doesnt work my current guess would be that your routing is broken for some reason (by my experience the most common reason when stuff doesnt behave like expected specially when you have switched equipment).

problem resolved..palo-alto support decreased MTU value

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!