02-24-2014 01:01 AM
As the title, for an example, I had a box and it's hardware license (as 'Premium Partner Support" license) is expired now, but the "Threat Prevention" or "Wildfire" license are available, what the box will be?
- We can also update the signatures and the functions work as before ?
- We cannot update the signatures any more, but the functions work as before ?
- We cannot update the signatures any morre, and the functions stop working ?
Which one is possible or correct action before only the hardware license is expired? Is there any documentation discuss about it? please provide me the documentation or url link if have. I'm so appreciated about it.
02-24-2014 01:31 AM
Thanks so much. Because this question is a customer's question, so I must confirm it. So that, I'm sorry but I must double confirm with you, are you sure ? or is there any document discuss about this ?
02-24-2014 01:52 AM
I did not replicate the situation but it is clear for each license description; it should be as you mentioned.When downloading dynamic updates for threats; it is checking your threat license.
You can ask your SE to have an official answer.
02-24-2014 02:05 AM
I got it, thanks again.
02-24-2014 03:11 AM
I have another question .
As this example : The Support license is expired, but the Threat Prevention license and the Wildfire license is available.
In dynamic updates :
- TP updates includes Threat and Virus databases, but the Threat should be updated with Application.
- Wildfire update can be update itself.
So it should have the following results :
- Because the Support license is expired and the Threat updates should be downloaded with Application updates, so that I cannot download the Application database, and then I shouldn't download the "app+threat" updates, because they are combined and downloaded with each other or only "app" updates.
- The Wildfire update still can be downloaded and installed.
Are they right?
02-24-2014 03:39 AM
That is not true.You can download app updates when support license is expired.So you have threat license, you will download app+threats also.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!