what is the average time do you wait on the phone with PAN TAC?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

what is the average time do you wait on the phone with PAN TAC?

L4 Transporter

I'll go first.  At least 45 minutes. 

20 REPLIES 20

I need that email address...  We've been on hold for over 6 hours for a S1 level Firewall completely down.   Already tried escalating via AM and SE and still waiting.

Unfortunately, I don't have it. The AM escalated it not me.

L0 Member

After being on hold for more than 90 minutes, I started to poke around to see what others' experiences were like.

I'm now on hold for more than TWO hours, still waiting for a human being.

The background in this case is that we opened a ticket online (Sev4, as it's a new service).  We've had decent back-and-forth with an engineer over the last few days, but then the engineer chose to escalate to another (internal) level as it was not in his wheelhouse.  The engineer kept suggesting times for a call, we'd reply, and then the time would pass.  He'd make another suggestion, we'd give a thumbs up, and again, the time would pass.  Finally, he suggested he'd hand this to another engineer with better timing.   Well, the next guy who picked up the ticket could not have a worse schedule for us.  We're in Pacific time (GMT -0700), and the guy who picked it up is in Singapore: SGT (UTC +0800).  C'mon!

If I want to stay late, I could potentially catch his early morning... but it's Friday here, and Saturday there, so now we won't here from the guy until Monday.  Ugh.

His note suggests that if these times are not convenient for me (an understatement), I can call in to have the next available engineer help based on the current case notes. That's why I'm calling.  Here I am, now well more than two hours into this call.  I'm sick of the hold music, and wish I'd gone to the restroom first like before an epic roadtrip.

The Network Exorcist

It's been 3 days. I bet you are still on hold.

L0 Member

S2 case opened at 05:50 this morning, upgraded to an S1, no technical response & currently in a queue and have been for over three waiting to speak to someone.  When support finally answered the phone, they transfer the call and it goes to a voicemail box. 

Back into the queue we go........

Community Team Member

Hi @AlistairCarr ,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues reaching out to support. 

Is there a specific question that you have where the LIVEcommunity might be of assistance ?

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!