What is the difference of malware detection between NGFW and Traps

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What is the difference of malware detection between NGFW and Traps

L0 Member

Hi community,

I'm just curious why does the Firewall detect a malicious action/file but the traps stays quite about like do they have difference in alerting?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RichardP11,

There's quite a few things that could be different between profiles, false positive ratio on the firewall's threat signatures, and so on. Broadly speaking, I would expect that the firewall is blocking any threat it identifies and Traps wouldn't detect it because the payload never actually reached the client. 

To properly troubleshoot, we would really need some additional information on what you are seeing. In addition, this is really something that I would highly recommend logging a TAC case on so someone can look at what you are seeing and all associated logs. It's quite possible that you simply have something on the Traps profile misconfigured or with the migration to Cortex XDR you aren't seeing the lower severity alerts now that they aren't directly exposed by default. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!