what is the processor named webapp3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

what is the processor named webapp3?

L3 Networker

Hi

Mgmt cpu was reached to 100% during a hour.

i was look into a reason that why cpu usage hit a peak.

processor named webapp3 was  high usage during cpu reached to 100%. (it was almost 95%)

i don't know what is the role of this processor.
Please let me know someone who know this role of processor.

Thanks,

Eugene.

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

Which hardware and software (PANOS)?

Hi.

PANOS Version is 4.1.5 and application version is 301-1348.

The machine is a PA2050 and it uses firewall with application control and GP(only SSL VPN).

GP users are authenticated through a LDAP of AD server.

Thanks.

Appweb3 is our internal webserver. It is normal for this process to hit 100% CPU. This is responsible for making all data displayable. 4.1 increased the number of threads this process could spawn which can increase the CPU % but should help speed up the UI.

Thank you,

~Jamie Fitz-Gerald

Thanks for your msg .
The problem is that high cpu usage had keep for a long time during high usage of webapp3.

if it will occured again this problem, Is there no way to reduce a cpu usage of the processor named webapp3?

Thanks,

Eugene.

Except for replacing the hardware with another model who have faster mgmtcpu and more ram?

I have heard rumours that even PA-200 might be faster (regarding GUI and such) than PA-2xxx due to more ram available for the mgmtplane.

You could try (if possible) reboot just the mgmtplane of your PA-2050 to see if this resolves the high webapp3 usage (or if the high usage returns shortly after reboot) - could be (in worst case?) some memory leak of webapp3 or such which causes the high usage (more than normal compared to what jfitz-gerald explained).

Hi all

When I met the problem I already sent an mgmt reboot command.

After that it is working well without high cpu usage.
i didn't know what is the processor named appweb3 at that time and then, i asked about it through here.

Thanks for helpful msg for all.

thanks,

Eugene.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!