What is the "Any" URL Filter Category

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What is the "Any" URL Filter Category

L0 Member

I am seeing a handlful of Blocked URLs, with a Category of "Any".

Just wondering what that is and why I might be getting them.

Is it the same as "Unknown"?

I do not have a URL Filter Category named Any.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Can you list some of the speicific URLs that catch on category any?

Are you using safe search enforcement ?

L6 Presenter

Hello

you mean traffic logs ? not url logs ? right ?

L5 Sessionator

Hi

As noted by panos, this should appear only in traffic logs. I reviewed more than few IP destination addresses from traffic logs where category was any, and each one of them I found in URL logs properly categorized.

Some of anys in my logs: ad networks, cdn networks, image retrieval for url hosted elsewhere (prolly another ad)... other than that, dns queries, viber-voice, and mass of other legit traffic that is still with category any - could be a bits of known browser sessions - I am talking about browser session, when you open some large portal website it is a single tab in your "browsing session" but it creates hundreds of calls to other websites for ads images javascripts links text bits etc. Whatever I rechecked in URL logs, I found proper category.

You can do the same - check if you have ( category eq any ) in URL filtering logs, and if do - come back to us. If not, that is expected behavior, you are good to go 🙂

Regards

Luciano

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!