What mean is 'no destination zone from forwarding' on global counters?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What mean is 'no destination zone from forwarding' on global counters?

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I failed to install FWs to custom.

The FW was L3 mode with two interface(untrust , trust).

When I installed inline, from untrust traffic did not go through to trust.

Destination IP was just trust zone. In addition, FW did not have nat , vpn and protection configurations and security police was allow.

At that time, I found out strange traffic logs and global counters.

This traffic logs was source zone untrust , destination zone untrust , action allow , packet-received 897K and packet-sent 0.

Destination IP was included trust zone. but destination zone was utrust.

Also, 'no destination zone from forwarding' counter on global counters was increasing too many.

Please somebody help me for explain this traffic log and this counter.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Every packet, including those that match an existing session, gets a route look-up. My recommendation is to ensure that there is a correct route for each IP in question:

> test routing fib-lookup virtual-router <VR_NAME> ip <IP_ADDRESS>

Do this for both directions, and ensure that the destination interface matches the correct zone. If not, you'll want to either add a static route, update whatever dynamic routing you use, or modify your interface zone configuration to ensure the destination on the return path is pointing to the correct zone.

Hope this helps,

Greg

L5 Sessionator

Seems like you are trying to allow traffic inbound from outside.

In that case the NAT will be untrust to untrust.

Following doc explains how to create destination NAT on page 15

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1517

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Numan

Thanks Greg and Numan,

I had checked routing-table and fib-table but it is no problem.

And FW doesn't have NAT setting.

I have tested again on my lab.

This global count is increasing when interface down or no routing-table for destination ip.

Maybe, I look like wrong negotiation for speed and duplex when it happened.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!