Whatsapp traffic not always recognized properly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Whatsapp traffic not always recognized properly

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

it seems that in the last days the whatsapp application is not always correctly recognized.

From logs we can see that some connections are blocked.

We don't think is due to the last dynamic updates, because we reverted it to precedent version does not solve the issue.

We have look into the community but no one suggestions was found.

Have you ever seen this behavior before?
Thoughts?

Best Regards

Luca

13 REPLIES 13

L5 Sessionator

Hi Luca,

seems to be off, at least judging by the quick look into my house logs - I can't find fresh whatsapp-voice and it was used for sure. It is probably change on the side of whatsapp; if it matters to you business-wise I would report it through the TAC case.

Best regards

Luciano

Hi @Lucky,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

I am agree with you, I think problem is related on whatsapp side and something that it is changed.

So we can close this discussion for now.

If you have any update from PA TAC, I hope you want to share it with me 🙂

Thanks again 

Luca

Hi Luca,

I work for the TAC, and I just searched active cases - don't see a fresh case where someone asked for update of this signature / application. Now, your mileage will be better if you request signature update compared to response time if I request update of the signature - it is always better to have "real" customer asking for it, it will get better attention, that is why I encouraged reporting this issue through the case 🙂

(some disclaimer of liability: There are more than few internal employees visiting forums and helping, but all support provided here is on voluntary basis, for any "official" support or "official" responses anyone should always open a TAC case :)) )

Best regards,

Luciano

Hi Folks,

Meanwhile three cases have been opened due to the recent whatsapp upgrade to 2.12.510 software release.

It looks like the PA device doesnt recognize the app anymore.

Best Regards,

Marian

L5 Sessionator

Ha, is one of them Luca's case? 😄

Hello,

We have the same problems, the whatsapp application isn't recognised anymore.

In some cases whatsapp works and travels over tcp/5222 in the most cases it fails and will be denied by the palo and it will travel over tcp/443 and marked as "unknown-tcp"

What is the status of the TAC cases?

Best Regards,

Patrick

Hi,

I can see this item is being worked on but by all means, please don't expect TAC-related answers here - ask TAC for TAC stuff 🙂 as far as I can tell, this update should be out soon... but can't (read: won't) predict times - I know my colleagues are working hard on all the issues they have listed and they are prioritizing accordingly 🙂

BR

Lucky

Hi @Lucky,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I know here there are NOT "official response" from TAC, so thanks again for your patie.

In conclusion as I understand seems PA TAC working on this one and sure there is something changed on Whatsapp side.

For me this information it's all I need.

BR

Luca

🙂

Hi,

no problem. I checked it today for other case and as far as I can tell, fix is at QA stage at the moment. Hopefully, given number of inquiries about this, it will be published soon.

BR
Luciano

news from yesterday - approved by QA, so far so good - I expect it mid-next week with content update 572.

BR

Luciano

Thanks Again Lucky,

That's a good news 🙂

BR

Luca

content update 572 is out! and it has update on whatsapp-base.

Please don't forget to report further issues via TAC case 🙂

Hi @Lucky,

Thanks again!!

I don't forget it 😄 !!!

• 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!