Where can I get a list of all the supported OS for the SSL VPN Client : Netconnect ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Where can I get a list of all the supported OS for the SSL VPN Client : Netconnect ?

L0 Member

Trying to figure out if the XP Home version are supported ?  What Windows OS & Mac OS are supported ?  Is there an official list of supported OS.  Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

L4 Transporter

Don't know if there's one doc containing a complete list, but you could check the release notes.  Log in to the support portal, click on Software Updates, and look for the "VPN Client" section. In SSL VPN client version 1.2, release notes state:

Support for Mac OS – As of PAN-OS 3.1.4, NetConnect now support 32-bit Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6.
Support for Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 32 and 64-bit Operating Systems – NetConnect now supports Vista 64-bit operating systems as well as Windows 7, both 32 and 64-bit versions

Of course, Windows XP is also supported.

So to sum up, for the current release of the client, which is 1.2.0, you've got

Windows XP

Windows Vista 32-bit

Windows Vista 64-bit

Windows 7 32-bit

Windows 7 64Bit

MacOS 10.5 32-bit

MacOS 10.6 32-bit

Do we have a timeframe for 64bit VPN support for OSX?  The new laptops are set to 64bit instead of defaulting to 32bit. 

No specific time frame, but proabably the next major release will include MACOS 64bit vpn support.

We will have MacOS 64-bit support in PAN-OS 4.0.2, which is due out this week.

Great! I'm also sitting here with a new MacBook Pro 64 bit for one of out VPs  and it would be nice to tell him he can connect to our VPN.

I am trying SSL-VPN client 1.3.0 with OS X 64-bit, and running into one issue.

When you launch the client from the VPN webpage, it connects/works fine.

If you launch it via a dedicated app shortcut, it just opens an empty window and can only be close afterwards.

Does anybody know if this can be fixed.?

L0 Member

XP comes in 32 and 64 bit versions, too, but you don't specify a bit level in your listing like you do the other OSs. Does that mean both 32 and 64 or just 32?

The NetConnect client works support WindowsXP 32bit.

Hello,

We have a lot of end users using MAC Os X 64 bits. Can you tell me this is now supported in the sslvpn software 1.3.0 (pan os 4.0.2)? i didn't find this information in the official update document (  https://support.paloaltonetworks.com/index.phpoption=com_pan&task=view_releasenotes&vn=4.0.2&ut=sw&c...).

Can you also tell me if i can update only the sslvpn software from 1.2.0 to 1.3.0 and keep my current PAN OS version 3.1.6 (or do i have to upgrade to 4.0.2?)? According to this thread the 1.3.0 client is backward compatible with previous version of the PANOS (https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/6686)

Thanks a lot for your help!

KR,

Benjamin

Dont know about 3.1.6 but I have it running fine at 3.1.7

I would like to know as well. The NetConnect client is running in the beta for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion.) It wants full x64 bit.

Can someone post the supported OS for SSL VPN running 4.04?

thanks.

Please see OS matrix at this link: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1409

• 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!